Friday, May 4, 2012

School Picnic

Picnics are a big deal here.  A really big deal.  (And when I say picnic, I don't mean a sandwich on a blanket on the church lawn kind of a thing.  This is a drive 45 minutes to the perfect spot - covered dish - eat and eat and eat more - sit around and talk - dance for hours - even in the rain - eat more - go home when it's starting to get dark - kind of a thing.)

Spring is short, so there's a small window of opportunity to get out and enjoy the fresh air and green fields.  Last week we had a school-wide picnic.  It was so fun to see a different side of the students!  I enjoyed a relaxed time of eating and talking about life with my 5th graders.  Dan enjoyed some jam sessions with his guitar students.


 One of my students.  Her sweet family had this dress made for me for this special day.


Another sweet student.  I had the privilege of teaching her in 2nd grade, as well.  She's a little lady with an incredible amount of kindness in her heart.


Two sweet friends - great students - beautiful spirits.


Dan sporting his traditional Kurdish pants.  He's enjoyed getting to know this fellow teacher.


It was a lovely day for a picnic.


No comments:

Post a Comment