Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our 2,200 miles

My negligence has gone on long enough, dear readers. Perhaps you've not altogether given up on me yet.

Since Dan and I will soon be moving ourselves across the ocean, we thought we would take a road trip around the southeast to see some sweet friends and family. Here's a little glimpse into the wonderful time we had.

Our first stop was Greenville, SC.

Matt and Lori Smith took us to a great restaurant and we laughed until our cheeks were sore. We love them a lot.

This is Lewis and Melissa Young, some dear friends that Dan lived with for four years after college. They are prayer warriors and world-changers - just the kind of people we would aspire to imitate.

Our next stop was Summerville, SC, to visit Bryan and Jessica Ray and their sweet kids.

Bryan's two boys, Elliot and Jonathan, are aspiring guitarists. They relished the opportunity to jam with Dan.

Next was Orlando to visit Dan's sister Holly and her family.

"Uncle Daniel" having a little quality time with six boys on a Saturday morning. I can finally name them all - Austin, Andrew, Abel, Aaron, Aaric and Asa. (Whew!)

My sweet, sweet sister-in-law, Holly. We had some great sister-sister chats.

Pensacola was our next stop.

This is one of my besties, Elisabeth, with her husband, Greg. Elisabeth and I met through City Church while I was in college. We loved spending time with these cute lovebirds for a couple of days. But our visit went way too quickly.

Next: Trussville, AL.

Elisabeth and I having Aunt-Niece time at Starbucks. How cool is it that I have a niece I can take to Starbucks??

And last (but not least), Mt. Olive, AL.

My sweet grandparents, Pop and Eva Mae. They are jewels. I can't imagine my life without their love and kindness and friendship.

We made a full circle and burned a lot of rubber, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment