Friday, April 29, 2011

A birthday in the country

Yesterday we spent the day with Brian, Morgan and Harper in Livingston. After the rain (and rain and rain and rain), everything was especially green and beautiful. I so enjoyed watching Brian as he showed us around the farm and explained the nature of organic farming. It's very inspiring to watch him as he works to cultivate the ground - the same ground that he's determined will be his burial ground!

I love my family, and I was so glad to spend my birthday with them. Even though I forgot to take pictures of anyone except Harper. (She just has that effect on me.)

This picture is Harper in a nutshell. She was seriously in need of a nap (you can see the pool of tears forming in her right eye), but she was still smiling and prancing about the yard squealing and screaming with delight.

Exploring the big wide world of the front yard

Brian's crops

All the little wilburs - but of course no one is allowed to name them!



1 comment:

  1. A lovely day with family on your birthday, how wonderful! I hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete